Covid 19 Info
Rules for entering and participating in our activities
All Ontario Health requirements for Stage 3 re-opening (see:
framework for reopening our province-stage-3 ) plus all City of Toronto health requirements will be strictly enforced..
– Face covering must be used inside the building as per City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020
– A maximum of 50 people are allowed inside the building at any one time as per Ontario Government requirements.
– Only members of the same bubble can dance or take a class together. If you don’t understand the definition of a bubble (or ‘social circle’), a full explanation is available here: Social_Circles_Explained. Included in that definition is that you can only be a member of one ‘bubble’ and that you cannot change ‘bubbles’. Yes this means you are NOT allowed to dance with anyone other than members of your bubble (i.e your ‘social circle’).
– By attending our event you agree and state the following:
* I am not feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19
* In the last 14 days I do not believe I have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
* I have not traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
* I hereby release and agree to hold Argentine Tango Toronto El Abrazo and/or any of their employees harmless from any legal claims that may be caused or a result of any act, or failure to act, on their part whether negligent or not in connection with my attendance at this event
– We reserve the right to check for temperature and/or your oxygen utilization before you are allowed to enter
– If patrons are waiting in line to enter, a two-meter distancing must be maintained.
– We encourage people to register ahead of time to ensure a spot. Otherwise it will be on a first come, first serve basis
– You should bring exact change since no change will be given to you if you over-pay
– You must provide contact information when you come in and identify clearly all members of your social circle (i.e. your ‘bubble’) contact information will be retained for 30 days.
– After entrance you must maintain at least 2 meters distance from anyone not in your ‘social circle (i.e your bubble) at all times while inside the building as per Ontario Government regulations
– If you bring drinks or water you can only drink while you are seated. Enter and leave with your drinks or dispose of them safely.
– All tables will be 2 meters apart from all other tables. Only people in the same ‘social circle’ (i.e their bubble) are allowed to sit at the same table. More than 10 people are not allowed to seat at a table.
– Only one person at a time is allowed in the washrooms. We strongly suggest waiting at least 3 minutes before entering a washroom after it has been used by another person. When entering or leaving the washroom you should stay 2 meters away when passing other people.
– Hand sanitizers and sanitizer wipes will be available throughout the event.
We’ll give you wings and teach you to fly. Welcome to Argentine Tango Toronto El Abrazo ( the Embrace) the Argentine Tango school in Toronto that teaches Real Argentine Tango, as it is danced today in Buenos Aires, Argentina (the birthplace of tango) , and around the world.
We are teachers for serious students. If you want to actually learn, then you have come to the right place. It takes dedication from both teacher and student. If you just want to be entertained and learn countless steps, that you continually repeat, there are plenty of other teachers who will entertain you. If you want to learn how to connect to your partner and the music and dance real Argentine Tango you have found your home. Steps without music is like singing without feeling,
Our Teaching Approach:
– Foundations of Argentine Tango movement
– Leading & following skills development
– Close embrace connection
– Musicality, interpretation & expression
– Freedom of improvisation & creativity of movement.
– There is an old saying “you have to dance the music, not the steps”
Our lessons teach you
– the foundations of leading and following
– learn to improvise on the dance floor
– musicality. The music tells you how to dance.
– connection is everything
– Learn about the four types of tango music that defines how you must dance.
– It is not just about the steps. It is about the music. But learning steps without a foundation is like a house without walls. Steps are just tools to express the music, and we teach you how to fly